Re: Mouse freezes when running GIMP

Ed Cogburn wrote:

> I have libgtk 1.04 and GIMP 1.0 (hamm) and a standard serial el-cheapo
> mouse.  When I run GIMP, the mouse locks up.  I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Backsp
> to exit X.  This didn't happen with prior versions, but I'm not sure what
> exactly is causing it, because both gtk and gimp have been updated in the
> recent past (I didn't pay close attention), as well as a video hardware
> upgrade resulting in a new default resolution and color depth for X. I've
> tried reinstalling, changing mouse protocols in XF86Config, killing GPM
> before running X but nothing changes.  Has anybody seen this before?

	I'll answer my own question.  As soon as I had posted the above, it hit me
that something else has changed since GIMP last worked and that was X (3.3.1
to 3.3.2).  I looked in XF86Config and discovered the XInput section which I
had activated (for joystick support) even though I've yet to use that
functionality.  I commented this out and reran.  Presto!  So, either GIMP
doesn't like Xinput or X doesn't like GIMP, I'm not sure which to point the
finger at.  Moral of this story, don't use Xinput (for now).

--
Ed