Re: 56K modem

ISAPNP won't pick it up because ISAPNP only works for ISA card. Your card is PCI.
I've never heard of a PCI modem before. I can't say whether or not any kernel
supports or doesn't support it. The Hardware-HOWTO in my beta Hamm system doesn't
indicate any support for PCI modems. If the device still acts like a 16550A UART
then you can probably configure it just by getting the IO and IRQ info and
passing that to setserial. If it doesn't then kernel support would have to be
written.

Phil wrote:

> I have a supra 56i PCI I just upgraded, and notices it not to work under
> debian.  ISAPNP doesn't even pickup on it.  I don't think it's windows
> hardware, but I didn't notices under win95 a PCI
> modem enumerator isn't this something like the enumerators used for PNP,
> if so there may be hope... Or maybe the pci errors I get from the kernel
> about a pci.o could be blocking the detection... Any thoughts or
> suggestions are appreicated
>
> Philip Thiem
>
> --

Jens B. Jorgensen