Powerpoint equiv. for Linux?

Does anybody know whether there is an equivalent for Linux/Unix of the MS
Powerpoint prog for preparing slides for overhead projector? My wife has
to use this prog for preparing slides for medical lectures and because of
it (and a private practice invoicing prog) I have to keep a Windows 95
partition which, needless to say, I would dearly like to get shot of.

Come to that, any medical doctors or others here who might know of a Linux
prog for running private practice - a Linux equivalent of MidexPro, for
example?

TIA

Adrian Monk