RE: Linux print server, windows machines

We use hp interfaces and emulex interfaces here.  Both of them can be
used by nt directly.  When defining the printer in the print manager,
pick other for the "print to" box.  Then pick "LPR port".  You have to
enter the name (or ip-addr) of the remote system and the name of the
printer.  Emulex uses TEXT or PASSTHRU depending on if you want crlf
added for you or not.  The hp card uses "text" and "raw" for the printer
names.  Once defined, you can print to them like any other printer...

jim