Alliance Promotion Video Card

I, unfortunatley, have an Alliance Promotion 6422 "card" integrated into my
motherboard. For years, I've run the non-accelerated SVGA server at 640x480 at
16 bits per pixel - i could get 800x600 at 16bits per pixel in windows (until i finally took it off last week!).

i have been able to get 800x600 @ 16bpp working since way back when - but not
really "working" - the screen fluctuates/wobbles, etc. i'd really like to be
able to run 800x600, but could only get 640x480 until now - when i upgraded my
x server and could only get 1024x768 working reliably (and by manually
inserting a clock timing)

interestingly enough, alliance has an x server on their page, but it really
doesn't work that great at all...

anyone have clock timings or something?

thanks,
justin