ISDN: HOW TO start?

Dear Debs,

I have a new Debian 2.0 distribution running well. I have recompiled the
kernel with PCMCIA and ISDN support, bought an AVM Fritz! PCMCIA card,
and ordered the ISDN installation by the Telecom.
On tuesday, I'll be ready for a first try.
Unfortunately, by reading the documentation in /usr/doc/isdn (all files
and those in the subdirectories) I found no straightforward description
of what is to be done to configure the files (which ones? there are
quite a few and also different connection strategies: syncPPP or not,
...) and to start a connection.
Can anybody post a detailed list of the actions he/she took to get an
ISDN connection done starting from scratch?
Thank you.
Remo
| Dr. Remo Badii             | Paul Scherrer Institute   |
| Nonlinear Dynamics and     | 5232 Villigen PSI         |
| Stochastic Processes Group | Switzerland               |
| badii "at" psi.ch          | http://www1.psi.ch/~badii |