Debian 2 stable installation

My kit is K6-166MMX, 2.1GB IDE drive, 64MB RAM and LAN connection to the
Net.

The first Linux I ever installed was 1.2! I have recently installed
Debien 2.0 from the bin distibution sold by CheapBytes. I had a problem
during install..

After the packages had been installed and during the configuration, when
it got to write XF86Config (y/n)? the keyboard locked up and would only
respond to Ctrl-C which, of course, cancelled that and subsequent
configuration steps. I couldn't even get into another terminal screen.

Have you had notice of this already? If not, any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Bob Towers
University of Strathclyde
Glasgow