Re: Netscape and $XNLSPATH

On 1998.11.05, Ed Cogburn wrote:
:
: Craig R. Hodges wrote:
: >
: > I just apt-get dist-upgrade to the latest version of slink.
: > When I attempt to run netscape-comm 4.5 I get the following error:
: >
: > netscape: locale `C' not supported.
:
: The problem is a broken X package(s).  There is probably a better
: solution, but I used an older xbase, the one that is about 2 meg in
: size (not the newer one in slink) and extracted (*not* by installing)
: just the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale directory.  This ended the problems
: with NS.

	Hmm, all I had to do on my slink system was:

cd /usr/lib/X11
ln -s locale.xlib6-old locale

	In fact, a diff -r showed the "old" locale directory from a
Debian 2.0 system to be identical to the new locale.xlib6-old directory.
Thus the link.

	Just setting the XNLSPATH environment variable to the old
directory didn't work, for some reason.

--
Tres Hofmeister <tres@rap.ucar.edu>  http://www.rap.ucar.edu/staff/tres/
Research Applications Program   National Center for Atmospheric Research