Re: X broken?

On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, Vaibhav Goel wrote:

> I updated my hamm to slink yesterday.  Everything seems to work
> fine except for X.  I get the following error, when I type
> startx -- -bpp 32
>
> _X11TransConnect: Cant connect: errno=111

I have a feeling your real error is above that.  Maybe fonts, maybe
locales.  Don't forget that xterm split off the main X dist.  But, in
regards to your question, yes, X has been broken in slink.  It's on my
list of the big 3 things that need to be fixed right now.

I wish there was a solution better than downgrade to the hamm version.

Brandon

| Brandon Mitchell * bhmit1@mail.wm.edu * http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/ |
|  Sometimes you have to release software with bugs. - MS Recruiter  |