Debian and Win32?

Hello all,

As I am forced to work with Dos 95 at work here - after a fruitless crusade
to be at least *allowed* to use Debian/TeX, I stumbled upon the Cygnus
win32 - GNU - thing.

Nice, since I now can use Xfig, my favourite drawing program and bash,
my favourite shell on this stupid 95 machine here
(unfortunately - as you may notice - still stuck with M$ exchange and NO
TeX allowed)

Some questions (or rather, thoughts) then occurred to me.

This cygnus-win32 base seems an ideal base for distribution of free software
a la Debian, using the cygnus lib instead of the linux kernel. Am I right?
It would be a VERY nice  opportunity to have '95 people discover the joy of
free
software with all its blessings. Is there any effort towards this being done
by Debian
(or any other gnu/linux-based organisation)

If so, why don't I hear anything of it? If not, why not? Copyright issues?
Money?
Fear of M$ lawyers?

Bye

Felix

PS The same goes for XFree. Why no X server for 95/NT machines?