Re: Netscape 4.5 and "locale C not supported"

Oooh, reminding me..
I recently hosed part of my /usr tree right after restoring ICQ from a
backup. (Silly me. I restored to /tmp and copied the restored files back
over, then typed 'rm -r /usr' instead of 'rm -r usr' in /tmp when removing
the restore. Fortunately caught it in a couple seconds)
Anyway, I did have a full system backup, but I had made the backup right
before I upgraded my main system to slink. So I had a few packages broken
by some parts being from hamm and other parts being from slink.

Would be good for dselect/apt to have an option to force a refresh of all
installed packages, by downloading new .debs, checking versions if
possible, and re-installing the packages. Even if the package is listed as
u-to-date. It might be helpful to have an option to force overwriting the
config files, if the detected file version is less recent than the version
listed as installed by the package manager.

Thoughts?