Re: Can I start X while other stuff going on?

:Can I switch to another virtual terminal and start X Windows while I've
:got something else going on in the first vterm, such as a download or a
:dselect session, etc?

I'm sure you've already gotten a million positive responses :) However, in
my experience, it's not a good idea to switch to console too often - once
in a while, X crashes (at least, it does for me, on 3 entirely different
machines), which will kill your download and everything else...

---
If you can't convince them, confuse them.
--Harry S. Truman

D'jinnie/Jinn, encountered on IRC and select MU**. (jinn@irony.org)
finger jinn@irony.org for PGP public key