Re: dselect (or apt) wish list

On 11 Nov 1998q, Jiri Baum wrote:
> Hello Zack Brown <zbrown@lynx.neu.edu>,
>
> > 3) At the end of the "install" phase, dselect asks if it should delete
> > installed packages. I suggest that either the default be changed to 'no'
>
> Well, once you've installed them, you usually don't need them any more.

Can you clarify this please? I thought this choice was the equivalent of
dpkg --remove. I've never dared use it again since it once started removing all
kinds of things I had installed.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell  -  running Linux Debian 2.0
acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk  http://www.achc.demon.co.uk

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald