Re: star office 5 hangs my system ...

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Adam Shand wrote:

> > I runs fine here. I am running slink and have tried three different
> > kernels, 2.0.32, 2.0.35, and 2.1.127, all work fine. Maybe you need
> > more video RAM? That thing is a resource pig.
>
> damn, i'm running 2.0.35 with a diamond stealth 3d 2000 (4mb ram), on a
> pentium 200 with 96mb ram... so while it's not state of the art any more
> it's hardly a slouch :)
>
> that sucks a lot... time to talk to star office i guess.  thanks for the
> info.
I am running on a Pentium 233 with 64 Meg and installing StarOffice
crashes my machine too. It crashes everytime I try. I think it damaged my
partition somehow. Now its time to get gwp working.

I was suprised about how many time StarOffice 4.0X crashed on my machine.
I tell people it is the first Linux app that behaves a lot like MS
applications. Maybe the problem is not with NT but the apps that run on it
:).

Daniel J. Mashao
Electrical Engineering                          daniel@comgate.ee.uct.ac.za
University of Cape Town	       	            http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel
Rondebosch, 7700, S. Africa         (w) 27+21+650 2816  (h) 27+21+705 8469