Re: building maxima problem

What about "autoconf" utility?
From man autoconf:
NAME
       autoconf  - creates scripts to configure source code pack­
       ages using templates

SYNOPSIS
       autoconf [ --help | -h ] [ --localdir=dir |  -l  dir  ]  [
       --macrodir=dir | -m dir ] [ --version ]

DESCRIPTION
       To create configure from configure.in,runthe autoconf pro­
       gram with no arguments.  autoconf  processes  configure.in
       with  the  m4  macro processor, using the Autoconf macros.

					Wojtek Zabolotny
					wzab@ipe.pw.edu.pl