Re: ISP

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998 16:51:32 -0800 (PST)
Lazar Fleysher <fleysher@chudo.lanl.gov> wrote:

> Could some one tell me how to set up an ISP on Linux. I remember seeing a
> howto on the subject, but can  not seem to find it. How to apply for
> IPaddresses?

I seem to recall having seen one once as well, but it seems to have
fallen out of distribution. It was called the Linux-ISP-HOWTO (or
something along those lines). I do, however, suggest that if you don't
already know how to do this, and you are thinking of setting up a
commercial ISP, then you are definately biting off more than you can
chew!

However, if you want to set up a box to have a few friends log into,
have a look at IPMasq and mgetty. That should allow you to have ppl.
connect via PPP.

Cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
(damon@empire.net.au)     | As my head fell in the basket,