Re: A new Debian user's initial questions

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, Michael Beattie wrote:

> I think you are trying to start suse with your debian kernel. what you
> should do, is mount the suse partition, and have
> 'image = /suse_root/vmlinuz' in the suse section.

Ah, so I need to tell it which mount point on the Debian kerel contains
the SuSE kernel?  I thought that specifying the root partition (root =
/dev/hdd1) would have been sufficient.  I haven't actually (successfully)
set up my own lilo.conf, I don't believe.  The config programs have been
babying me ;-)  I'll give it a try when I get home.  Thanks!

						-Chris