Re: How big is my H/D ?

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

> Are you telling me that EVERYBODY with IDE disks makes their root < 504mb
> and at the start of the disk, or has a small /boot? I've never done it,
> and I've had no problem. I've been running Linux for over 3 years.

Do DOS and your BIOS see the disk as just 500 GB though?

Interestingly, I saw an article today that Win9x users with FAT32 are
now experiencing the same kinds of problems, especially on *massive*
hard disks.

"Is there anyone who actually believes that USAicans are so modest or
intellectually honest as to be unable to find someone to sue?" - Cameron Laird