Problems updating squid ?

I have installed squi V 2.0Patch2 (debian package) on my proxy.
Today i wanted to update squid to a newer version.
I configured and compiled the source then i finally installed it.
After restarting squid, the tasks ran normally but i wasn`t able to make a
cache connection from my workstation.
Error message (IE4):No data sent !!! (&§&/"§%$&)
In my log file all seemed to be normal.Cache connections are accepted, but
squid is not able to retrieve any information from the internet.
In my access list no entries are made by squid. (????????)
What`s the problem ?

regards franz skale