Re: Compressed epsfigures (LaTeX)

Hi,

> Hello everyone,
> 	I would like to store postscript images (ps,eps) in compressed
> form and have them decompressed for use during my LaTeX run. I have to
> date been unable to figure out if this can be done and if so, how to do
> it.

Yes you can download and unzip compressed *.ps.gz or *.eps.gz files in LaTeX.
Here is example to include partid/partid.ps.gz file in TeX.  You don't need
anything special in your TeX installation.

\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{epsfig}
\begin{figure}[htbp]
  \begin{center}
    \includegraphics[width=\textwidth, bb=20 143 575 698]{partid/partid}
    \label{fig:partid}
  \end{center}
\end{figure}

Hope that helps,
Sasha.

> PS Just as an accademic question, can the same thing be done with the
> LaTeX (.tex) files also?

I think yes, but I'm not sure.  In all fairness gzipping *.tex files does not
gain you a lot of free disk space.