Re: networking problem with 2.1.x

Ben Jorgensen <ben@karma.rsn.hk-r.se> writes:

> When booting with 2.1.128 I can't remove the net entry in the routing
> table.
>
> route del <some net address>
>
> I get SIOCDERT: no such process
>
> What's wrong? With 2.0.35 it works fine!

2.1.x drastically changed the way routing works.  Usually it looks the
same with the route command, but sometimes (like this time) it
doesn't.

See Documentation/networking/routing.txt and other files in the same
directory for the gory details.  `iproute' is a Debian package, and
`rtmon' is in the same package.

Why do you want to remove the net entry?  Every interface is usually
attached to a network of some kind.  If it's not, try configuring it
as "netmask 255.255.255.255".

"Is there anyone who actually believes that USAicans are so modest or
intellectually honest as to be unable to find someone to sue?" - Cameron Laird