DNS configuration

I have a machine with Debian Linux 2.0 installed and I am trying to
configure it as a  DNS server. This machine is not connected to the
Internet, for now I am only using it to create a Intranet. My LAN as a
class A  address with a mask of 255.255.0.0. in order to have various
sub-networks.

The configuration file are as follow:

1. /etc/named.conf

// generated by named-bootconf.pl
options {
	directory "/home/carmen/named";
	forwarders {
		10.70.108.250;
	};
	/*
	 * If there is a firewall between you and nameservers you want
	 * to talk to, you might need to uncomment the query-source
	 * directive below.  Previous versions of BIND always asked
	 * questions using port 53, but BIND 8.1 uses an unprivileged
	 * port by default.
	 */
	// query-source address * port 53;
};
//
// Boot file for name server
//
// type		domain			source		file
//
zone "." {
	type hint;
	file "named.root";
};

// Zone boot information and daemon options are kept in other files
// (autoincluded from boot.zones)
//
// Name server zone boot file
// See named(8) for syntax and further information
//
// type		domain			source		file
// (autoincluded from boot.options)
//
// Options for name server
// Use `bindconfig' to automatically configure this file
//
// type		domain			source		file
zone "localhost" {
	type master;
	file "named.local";
};

zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa." {
	type master;
	file "named.rev-local";
};

zone "hph.min-saude.pt" {
	type master;
	file "hph.hosts";
};

zone "70.10.in-addr.arpa." {
	type master;
	file "hph.revhosts";
};

// Custom configurations below (will be preserved)

2. named.root
.                        3600000  IN  NS    linux.hph.min-saude.pt.
linux.hph.min-saude.pt.  3600000  IN  A     10.70.108.250

3. named.local
;
; BIND data file for local loopback interface
;
@	IN	SOA	localhost. root.localhost. (
		     1998111301		; Serial
			 604800		; Refresh
			  86400		; Retry
			2419200		; Expire
			 604800 )	; Default TTL
;
@	IN	NS	localhost.
@	IN	A	127.0.0.1

3. named.rev-local
;
; BIND reverse data file for local loopback interface
;
@	IN	SOA	localhost. root.localhost. (
		     1998111301		; Serial
			 604800		; Refresh
			  86400		; Retry
			2419200		; Expire
			 604800 )	; Default TTL
;
@	IN	NS	localhost.
1	PTR	localhost.

4. hph.hosts
;
;	Endereços para o Domínio local
;

@		IN	SOA	linux.hph.min-saude.pt. root.hph.min-saude.pt. (
			1998111301 	; serial
			36000		; refresh 10 horas
			3600		; retry 1 hora
			604800		; expira após 100 horas
			36000		; TTL minimo é de 10 horas
			)
;
;	Definição do Nome dos Servidores de Domínio
;

hph.min-saude.pt.	IN	NS	linux.hph.min-saude.pt.
hph.min-saude.pt.	IN	A	10.70.108.250

;
;	Definição do "Localhost"
;

localhost		IN	A	127.0.0.1

;
;	Definição das Máquinas
;

linux			IN	A	10.70.108.250
linux			IN	MX 5	linux.hph.min-saude.pt.

hph.min-saude.pt.	IN	MX 5	linux.hph.min-saude.pt.

pc276			IN	A	10.70.20.76

5. hph.revhosts
;
;Endereços Invertidos dos Computadores  para o  Domínio hph.min-saude.pt
;

@	IN	SOA	linux.hph.min-saude.pt. root.hph.min-saude.pt. (
			1998111301 	; serial
			36000		; refresh 10 horas
			3600		; retry 1 hora
			604800		; expira após 100 horas
			36000		; TTL minimo é de 10 horas
			)

			IN	NS	linux.hph.min-saude.pt.

; Address point to canonical names
;

250.180			IN	PTR	linux.hph.min-saude.pt.
76.20			IN	PTR	pc276.hph.min-saude.pt.

With this configuration files I get a error message in
/var/log/daemon.log as follow:

Nov 23 15:26:06 linux named[8195]: sysquery: no addrs found for root
NS ()
Nov 23 15:26:37 linux last message repeated 4154 times
Nov 23 15:27:38 linux last message repeated 8174 times
Nov 23 15:28:39 linux last message repeated 8174 times
Nov 23 15:29:02 linux last message repeated 3198 times

How can I fix the problem in order to avoid this messages ?

I would like that you recommend me a book or some other kind of
documentation in this matter, because it is the first time I am
confronted with this problem and I have no background in this matter.
The configuration files listed in this letter were made based on a
article by Tom Yager that I collect in the Internet at
www.networkcomputing .com/unixworld for a class C network.

I wonder how I can define hosts in a sub-network different from 10.70.

Thank you for any help you can give to me,

Carmen