Re: Default Win98 with LILO.

MoiN

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Bret Craw wrote:

> How do I set up Win98 as the default in LILO.  I have tried putting it above
> the Linux in the lilo.config file.  I have also taken off the other and put
> that in front of the lilo section.  I am able to dual boot at this point,
> but can get the Win98 to be the default.

Note that you always have to run lilo when you made changes in the config
file. In this run lilo prints an asterix (*) to the console for the
default kernel image.

Moving the Windows partition normally should do th job (I haven't tried
yet) butyou can also give lilo a default image if the above fails. You
only need to run

    # lilo -D <winlabel>

> I need this because I have a free
> internet access that depends on a advertising bar that is a Windows program.
> Unless someone knows how to adjust this for Linux.

Only an idea: perhaps you can start the advertising bar using wine or
similar under linux ?;-)

    Ingo
--
Starting Java...