Re: Sound Problems

>I got it and all it does is initialise the sound card (I hear a click in my
>speakers) then nothing and then returns me back to the prompt. I am making
>progress though as Licq is recognising this command and I can hear a click
>whenever I get a message. But I would like to hear the sounds! :)

Check the dma, irq and port setings for your card. Especially a wrong
irq can cause this kind of trouble. Also, if the sound volume isn't
right, modify it with 'cam'. To change the irq etc., you'll have to
recompile the kernel (I think). There should be settings like those in
'make menuconfig'. Or if you have OSS (non-free) type soundconf (IIRC).