Re: exim

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> My only question: can I have my filter deliver messages into
> /var/spool/mail/hamish? I got a lockfile error whenever it tries to deliver
> them; I had to make a folder in my home directory for my new mail. Which
> isn't the end of the world, but it'd be nice to use the main mail file.

The problem is that the filter probably has the file locked because that
is where it is reading the messages FROM! It makes no sense to take the
message from /var/spool/mail/hamish and then deiver ANOTHER copy back to
the same file. Just don't do anything with it (I thiunk the worrd is
deliver, I am not sure) and that should
leave the message there. Sorry if other have answered this, I am catching
up.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!