Please Help! Broke lots with apt-get...

Hi,

Scenario: apt-get update; apt-get upgrade

Somewhere in the middle, package installations are failing with:

> error in loading shared libraries
> /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.0-1.so.2: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info

I think I had managed to fix it once by downgrading libc to libc6_2.0.7u-5.deb

I then managed to unintentionally delete this file and I can't seem to locate it again.  Is there any good way to fix this without downgrading (some other packages want to see the unstable libc stuff)?

TIA,

Fred