Re: How to customize fvwm entries ?

shaulk@netvision.net.il (shaul) writes:

> It seems to me that you are wrong, since when new packages are installed,
> update-menus considers the users who run update-menus as well.
> I am saying that on the basis of the following lines (from
> /usr/doc/menu/html/ch5.html):

[snip]

> Am I right ?

One of us should just try it and see.

But the reason I don't think it will update individual users' menus is
that when I run it, all the menus get put in ~/.fvwm2/<whatever>.
When root runs it, the menus go into /etc/X11/fvwm2/<whatever>.  If
something changes because a new package is installed, the files in
/etc/X11/fvwm2/ will be changed, but the old files in ~/.fvwm2/ will
still contain the old data, and will override the new data, until that
user runs update-menus again.

"Is there anyone who actually believes that USAicans are so modest or
intellectually honest as to be unable to find someone to sue?" - Cameron Laird