Re: talk problems

Hi, Zoro!

I'm not sure, but you may want to check:

1. Do you have lines in /etc/inetd.conf like:
talk            dgram   udp     wait    nobody.tty      /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/sbin/in.talkd
ntalk           dgram   udp     wait    nobody.tty      /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/sbin/in.ntalkd

2. /etc/services
talk            517/udp
ntalk           518/udp

3. /etc/hosts.allow /etc/hosts.deny  may be you have suppressed those services?

Sasha.