Re: version control systems

Hi,

> > with Windows and Unix support, that runs in an acceptable time on a WAN,
> > which supports binary files?
> >
> > cvs almost fits the bill, but I need to store Delphi source files in it,
>
> I use CVS at work to manage several projects.  It *is* capable of storing
> binary files--use the -kb option to cvs add.  My only gripe with it is that
> it doesn't restore timestamps correctly.

I think "doesn't restore timestamps correctly" is a little bit too strong, but
I agree that timestamps are painful.

Just my 2 cents:  Tag your code (cvs tag tag_name) reasonably often (for
example once you code is working - tag it).  We maintain about 200k lines code
with about 20 developers and this technique proved to be quite helpful.  I
also find time stamps much less convenient than tags.  (You have to scratch
your head trying to remember when was the last time your code was actually
running).
Good luck,
Sasha.