kernel messages

Does anyone understand what caused the following error messages?

I was running the following script on my system, which
reads file names and check whether thse files in a directory exist.
This directory includes a lot of files, more than 5000.

	#! /bin/sh
	while read f
	do
		if [ ! -f $f -o ! -s $f ] ; then
			echo $f
		fi
	done

While this script runs, the system almost always hangs
by printing the following messages on console.

	Problem: block on freelist at02750310 isn't free.
	IRQ DEADLOCK DETECTED BY CPU 0.
	Kernel panic: FORWARDED INTERRUPT TIMEOUT (AKP = 0, saved AKP = 1)
	Kernel panic: FORWARDED INTERRUPT TIMEOUT (AKP = 0, saved AKP = 255)

 In /var/log/kern.log

	Out of memory for galign-SF-SF-i..
	Problem: block on freelist at 02750310 isn't free.
 In /var/log/syslog
	Problem: block on freelist at 02750310 isn't free.

(In other cases, I got
	1. Kernel panic: CPU #0:Attempted flush tlb IPI whennot AKP(=255)

	2. Problem: block on freelist at 01ba8d90 isn't free.
)

My questions are

1. Is this kernel's problem or is there some trouble in hardware?

2. Why are these error messages not output in /var/log/syslog?

	In /etc/syslog.conf

	*.*;auth,authpriv.none          /var/log/syslog

My system is

Hardware: Tyan Tiger2, Pentium II 333Mhz x 2
	  SDRAM with ECC

OS:	kernel-source-2.0.36-1
	+ 2.0.37-pre-patch-3.gz

	Debian 2.0