ISDN PPP

Hello debian-users
I have got some probs with ISDN with linux
I'm using the AVM A1-Classic (aka Fritz!) and it is found by the kernel
(2.0.36 orig. DEB-Kernel)
The logging of incoming calls works, so the card seem to work fine. :-)
But connections via ipppd dont work :-(
There are two possibilities what happens (depends on kernel
(2.0.35/2.0.36, version of isdnutils and configuration):
1. Connection is closed ca. 2 seconds after dialing
2. The connection works but I don't get the dynamic IP from my ISP (with
10.0.0.1, I don't get any response...)
I guess a step-by-step-configuration or well-configured example
config-files would help me.
TIA
    P. Mauritz
---