Re: vfat -> cp: file: Operation not permitted

Hamish,

> > > (I would prefer VFAT to silently ignore that)
> > 	Me too.
> Yes, "quiet" in the options line does this IIRC.

	Great! Problem (almost solved)!

> "zip" for example encounters the same problem when creating a zip on
> FAT/VFAT, and removes the created zip file! Most annoying.

	Is there anyone who we can "complain" about this. Don't know, some
option that fakes chmod/chown while in FAT...

	Let me check who's the FAT maintainer...

	I've got these:

N: Gordon Chaffee
E: chaffee@plateau.cs.berkeley.edu
D: vfat, fat32, joliet, native language support

N: Henrik Storner
E: storner@osiris.ping.dk
D: vfat/msdos integration, kerneld docs, Linux promotion

	Do you think it's proper to email any of these two guys?

-- p.