Is DOMEX SCSI controller 436P supported by debian Linux?

Hi All!

I have got a SCSI scanner UMAX Astra 1200S, which was provided with
proprietary SCSI controller DOMEX 436P (Below the model code there
were additional characters:
9819
002-D436P-001
The whole controller board was marked as DMX3181LE
(additionally on the sticker there was another number:
 UDS-IS11 PC/ISA P/N:970160-18)

Does anybody know if it is supported by linux, what it is compatible
is and how to compile the kernel to use it? I'd like to avoid
buying another SCSI controller. (Scanner is the only SCSI device I have).

			TIA
			Wojtek Zabolotny
			wzab@ipe.pw.edu.pl