Re: nfs and 2.2.x

Hi!

Shaleh (shaleh@livenet.net),
"nfs and 2.2.x":

> I am prepping to setup NFS on a 2.2.x machine.  I would like to use the kernel
> based one as the docs point to it being faster/better.  Is there support in
> Debian for this?

The package is in project/experimental. (I never had the time to actually
try it out)

> Any reasons why I should NOT use the kernel based NFS solution?

IIRC knfsd's exports don't recurse mountpoints: If host1's /usr is a
different volume than /, mounting host1:/ on another box won't give you
access to host1:/usr.

Rainer

--
KeyID=58341901 fingerprint=A5 57 04 B3 69 88 A1 FB  78 1D B5 64 E0 BF 72 EB