Re: Kernel 2.2.0 on a 486DX2/66

Rafael Kitover writes ("Re: Kernel 2.2.0 on a 486DX2/66"):
>Are you using hamm? slink? "kswapd" is part of the util-linux package, and
>according to docs needs the newest version for 2.2, you should get the
>util-linux package from potato. (this may or may not be the problem in
>this case).

I'm using hamm.  But the hard disk image is *identical* (I dd'ed the
disk) on my pentiumII's and the 486, and it works on the PII's and
not on the 486.

And I don't find kswapd on either PentiumII, but nothing complains and
the machine works fine (swap and all).

Additionally, installing the util-linux from potato has no effect on
the problem, it stops at exactly the same point in the boot sequence.

--
Richard W Kaszeta 			Graduate Student/Sysadmin
bofh@me.umn.edu				University of MN, ME Dept