Re: man missing ?

In a message dated 1/27/99 10:52:13 AM Central Standard Time,
henning@makholm.net writes:

> > * I, and I am positive I'm not alone, would be willing to download
>  > an extra (optional) disk at install time so I could get a basic man
>  > set, with the full package being available as it is now - just so I
>  > wouldn't be completely in the dark once the install program completed.
>
>  Would instructions as to how to copy the .deb in question to a floppy
>  and install it with dpkg before running dselect suffice?

I think that's sort of where I'm going with this.  Certainly there's no need
to have all man files available at install time, but having some information
as to where to get the help files would be prudent.  I kind of like the idea
of having an optional man boot disk as well, but the beneficial end result is
to have some way of getting help right off the bat.  It took me a good week to
figure out that once I had Debian installed I still had to go out and get the
help files I needed.  I know this info is available, but it's not in the base
installation - it's online, or in packages you have to get manually.