Re: kernel 2.2.0

On 29 Jan 1999q, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Anthony Campbell wrote:
>
> > I was afraid that would be the answer.  There is actually a more compressed
> > version, with a bz suffix; it is *only* about 10 Meg. But how do you
> > decompress this?
>
> Use bunzip2 (in the bzip2 package).  And get 2.2.1 instead of 2.2.0.  For
> future updates, the patch-kernel script now handles .bz2 patches.

Thanks to all who replied. I'll probably d/l the kernel over the weekend
and have a go.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell  -  running Linux Debian 2.0
acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk  http://www.achc.demon.co.uk

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)