Re: dpkg, apt, ftp

John

Many thanks. I'm home free now.

I would have rtfm'd the man pages as is suggested by the dselect apt
methond, only it is a catch 22:  I don't have man pages because I can't
install, because I dont have the information in the man pages....

This helps, thanks.

All: there should be man pages in the base package -- if not full man
pages, and binaries, then certainly enough information that how to specify
an ftp login and password is clear.

--David
Debian GNU/Linux: Because reboots are for hardware and kernel upgrades.