Re: dpkg and dselect

E.L. Meijer Eric" dixit:

> > well, a front end, or whatever it is, but I can see it runs dpkg for
> > installing, removing,... so it's an interface for dpkg?
>
> Yes, but the `g' of gui stands for `graphical'.  Anyway, I was just

I used graphical as anything that's not strictly command line.  Obviously an
abuse.

> kidding.  As you may know, there is a real gui in the works for apt.
> I hope we will see this appearing in potato (comments, anyone?).

a la windoze?  will it be able to perform Illegal Operations as well?
I want to learn how to compile, install,... eventually hack my own programs,
so that's one stone in the middle of the way.

--
Un saludo,

Horacio
homega@vlc.servicom.es