Re: exim: socket bind () failed

Hi George,

you wrote on: 04 Feb 99 at 17:01 (received 05.02.99)
about       : _Re: exim: socket bind () failed_

>Looks like more than one exim is running or tries to run.  Do you happen
>to have exim running as both a daemon and in inetd? Do you have a cron job
>that runs the queue that tries to start exim in daemon mode (-bd set?).
>Looks to me like there are too many listeners.

Thank you very much for your valuable info. I'm still a newbie and don't
know much about those things, but will try to look into that. Did not
configure anything about two instances of exim (at least not intentional).

I appreciate your help very much.

Thanks and kind regards

Frederick