Re: upgrading to slink

MallarJ@aol.com wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, as I upgrade to slink, I'm wondering if I need to
> upgrade all my packages as well.  For example, if there is a package in hamm
> and slink with the same name and version, are they in fact the same exact
> package?  Or is one only for slink, the other for hamm?  My guess is they are
> the same - am I correct?  If so, why would there be copies in both the hamm
> and slink distribution sites?
>
> -Jay

	The packages with the same version number, are in fact identical;
they are the same package.  Take a look in the dirs that hold the
packages on ftp.debian.org or mirror.  You'll notice that packages
who haven't changed between releases are not copied, but a symlink
is used to point to the older version in the older release.

--
Ed C.