Re: Install to another hdd?

> Dear all,
>
> 	I have a machine which I want to install debian on. Unfortunatly,
> it has not floppy drive; I can see a couple of possibilities:
>
> 1: put the hdd into my working linux box, and use the rescue disks to
> install onto /dev/hdc (Can I then install LILO onto that hdd, and have it
> boot correctly when I put it into the other machine?)

What you can do is take that drive you need Lin on, and put it in the
existing system as hda. Then boot with floppy, and remount your partitions
according to the new setup. Install debian on /dev/hda1, run LILO on it,
take the drive out and put it into the floppyless system. It should then
boot ok. And return your existing system to the proper state by putting
disks back where they belong, and running LILO again.

Andrew

* Windows? What Windows?            *
* I may have missed it...           *
* It can't be a latest Linux        *