Re: Kernel configurations

On Fri, Feb 05, 1999 at 23:18 (+0000), formasic@coates.formasic.com wrote:

> I now have several networked Linux boxes; but they all have different
> hardware and do different things and they have different kernels.
>
> I have trouble keeping track of what options are compiled into which
> kernels and I'm beginning to be frustrated.  Can anyone suggest a way
> of doing this?

If you're using a recent distribution your .config file is saved for
you. This is on a hamm system:

$ ls /boot
System.map-2.0.34  chain.b            mbr.b
boot.0303          config-2.0.34      os2_d.b
boot.b             map                vmlinuz-2.0.34

config-2.0.34 is just what you think it is:

$ diff /boot/config-2.0.34 /usr/src/linux/.config
$

Luck,
--
your man pann