Debian Meeting tomorrow: Ian Jackson, Dale Sheetz, LinuxWorld

Bay Area Debian, the only known Debian user's group, will hold its first
meeting tomorrow at 9:30pm in the CoffeeNet internet cafe in San Fransisco.
Dale Sheetz and (hopefully) Ian Jackson will be there, along with myself,
and other Debian developers and enthusiasts in the Bay Area.

Dale and Ian are in town for a Linux Standards Base conference at Transmeta.

* Dale Sheetz is the author of _Debian_Users_Guide_. He also maintains
  numerous Debian packages, and is Debian's representative in the LSB.

* Ian Jackson is the author of dpkg, and was the leader of the Debian project
  for 2 terms including a term of office that ended just yesterday.

Also at the meeting, I'll be talking about and organizing for the Debian
booth at the LinuxWorld Expo conference in San Jose next month.

All Debian developers, and anyone who wants to join the project, are
encouraged to bring copies of your PGP keys with you printed out so we can
easily exchange them and grow the Debian PGP web of trust. (That's the
output of "pgp -kvc [your email addreess]".)

Everyone else who can is just encouraged to come! The Bay Area is unique in
having such a large community of Debian people, let's get to know each other.

This will be an informal meeting, meaning I haven't OK'd it with CoffeeNet
and we will not be having speeches or anything like that. To distinguish us
from any other CoffeeNet patrons, look for the guy in the white Debian
T-Shirt, (that's me).

CoffeeNet (http://www.coffeenet.net) is an internet cafe that runs Linux on
all their boxes and allows free internet access to patrons. Directions to
coffeenet from BART:

    Get to the Montgomery BART station. That's at the corner of Montgomery
    and Market in SF. Go southwest on Market a couple of blocks to 3rd St.
    Left onto 3rd, then go down 3rd, passing by the large Moscone conference
    center on your right, to Harrisson St. (If you pass under the freeway
    you've gone too far.) Then right on Harrisson and go about 1 block to
    the corner of Harrisson and Lapu Lapu St. The Coffeenet is 744
    Harrisson, but the enterance to it is actually up around the back of the
    building so you go about 50 ft. up Lapu Lapu to get to it. I think
    there's a large coffeenet mural on the side of the building, so it'll be
    hard to miss.

Here's a map:
http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/ia_find?screen=ia-map-result&link=ia-map-result&uid=u808adld4900mcwx

--