Re: Zip detection in Kernel2.2.0 Problems

On 07. febrúar 1999, Mauro Mazzieri wrote:
> Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:
> > When loading the kernel I get
> >
> > ppa: Version2.03 (for Linux 2.2.0)
> > Warning - no ppa compatible devices found.  My zipdrive is connected to
> > my parallel port with the
> > printer connected to the zipdrive.  I have had the zip for around 3
> > years so I do not believe it is
> > one of the newer types (plus my cable does not say autodetect).  Any
> > ideas on what I might can try
> > to get the kernel to read my parallel port zip drive?
>
> The ZIP-howto recommend to compile ppa as a module. Also, you have to
> select "Iomega ZIP for parallel port" as low-level scsi device.

I think that the 2.2 kernel is supposed to be able to load both ppa and lp
simultaneously so you shouldnt have to have it as an loadable module.

* Ólafur Jens Sigurðsson       |     Olafur Jens Sigurdsson          *
* Eðlisfræðinemi               |     Physics Student                 *
* Háskóli Íslands              |     University of Iceland           *
* ojs@hi.is                    |     ojs@hi.is                       *