Re: Boot managers

There is a 'UNIX for Dummies' book. It might be helpful in getting you
through some of the userland basics, but it won't be much help as far as
sysadminning goes.

You can use lilo to dualboot the system, eliminating the need for a boot
disk. Attached is a sample of my lilo.conf for booting Windoze as the
default, and Linux. ie, to choose windows, I press enter, otherwise type
linux as the prompt for Linux. In Linux go 'man lilo' for more
information.

Remember you'll need to re-run Lilo after configuring a suitable lilo.conf
for your system.

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999, Tony wrote:

> Okay, I'd like to thank everyone who helped me set up Debian after my
> "segmentation fault" errors, I finally got to the console and used cfdisk.
> Runs great now, I finally got in!
>
> Now, I want to know how I can set up some kind of boot manager to select
> between DOS partition and the Linux, so I don't keep having to stick the
> floppy in.  I CAN do this right?
>
> I'm still very confused on how to use this Unix thing.  better go borrow
> some books from the library.  Is there a "Linux for dummies"?  =)  However,
> I am proud to say I am a Linux user!
>
> Thanks again,
> Tony
>

> --