Re: apt-get and broken CD layouts

On Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 04:16:10PM +0000, Marc Haber wrote:
> Hi!
>
> When I was new to debian, I made a hamm CD that is severely broken in
> its directory structure.
>
> # ls /mnt/cdrom
> binary-i386 disks-i386 upgrade-i386
>
> # ls /mnt/cdrom/binary-i386
> Packages. Packages.gz devel hamradio net tex doc ...
>
> So, binary-i386 is complete.
>
> My /etc/apt/sources.list says
> deb file:/mnt/cdrom/binary-i386/ /
>
> apt-get update works, but (for example) apt-get install joe tries to
> install from
> /mnt/cdrom/binary-i386/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/editors/joe_2.8-10.deb
> which clearly does not exist.
>
> Which line do I need in sources.list for my broken cd?

First create /mnt/main and then mount there CD. And in mnt create links
dists, stable and frozen pointing to main. In /etc/apt/sources.list put this:

deb file://localhost/mnt stable main

This way everything should work as expected.

--
|Leszek Gerwatowski|    _/_|_\
"The day Micro$oft makes something that doesn't suck
 is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners"