Re: www.debian.org/2.0/install

Werner Reisberger wrote:

> By choosing the link installation guide on the debian homepage I am
> downloading the file install containing the line:
>
> loadlin linux root=/dev/ram initrd=root.bin
>
> Thats really easy, but why do I need DOS to install debian?

	You aren't *required* to use DOS to install Linux, this is just
one option among several.  You could build and use the
boot/install disks and install Linux without DOS.  There's also
the option to use loadlin to install by booting from a Debian CD
(while in DOS), which doesn't require any floppies, IIRC.

--
Ed C.