Re: Maximal Mount Check

> I know a maximal mount check is a normal system check but, is there any
> percentage of non-contiguous files worrying?  Last check I had 1.0% on / and
> /opt, and 7.3% on /home.

No.

A non-contiguous file is a file that is scattered over the disk in more
pieces.  This happens all the time.  You might start worrying about it
if you feel your disk access is becoming very slow, but the numbers you
report are perfectly normal.  The appear to be tools to `defrag' an ext2
partition, but I never saw any convincing reasons for using them.  They
may even be a risk to your data.

HTH,
Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032