Re: Permissions of the sysadmin

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Torsten Landschoff wrote:

> > The superuser can get
> > in, but root can always get in.  Preventing that requires rethinking the
> > concept of "root".

> Hopefully root will stay as it is. I hate this message "Access denied" I get
> everytime I want to do something on the NT server in university (yes, I am the
> admin...)

Oh, I wasn't advocating rethinking "root" I was just pointing out that you
cannot effectively prevent root from accessing anything you want to.  (In
fact, it can be damn tough to prevent access to certain users if you allow
them to "sudo" stuff.)
--
Jonathan Guthrie (jguthrie@brokersys.com)
Brokersys  +281-895-8101   http://www.brokersys.com/